Saturday, March 22, 2008

Framed At Last!


I promise this will be the last you see of the Tim Holtz-inspired piece but it is framed and it has a home so I couldn't resist sending out one final shot. The great story is that I found a frame at the local craft store that was waay overpriced to begin with ($88) and got it on the 90% off aisle this week for $1.50. Yep, I did the math and that's not even 10% but I guess mustard yellow frames aren't hot and they had knocked the price down even more. I used black mat board cut to size for the back and went over it here and there with black gloss acrylic and a bit of mustard yellow paint using a scrapping tool. I doubt the pic will show that much detail. I glued and nailed the black mat on the back and attached the canvases with 527 bond...thinking it was E6000 but it seems to have stuck just fine.

The sewing machine was my first and it turned out some interesting Barbie clothes in its' day.

3 comments:

darlene aKa HugGeR said...

Dianne i love your blog all your art and the music that goes along with it!!! You go girl!!!!

Michelle W said...

The black mat realy sets it off. I love those great bargins when I can find them too.

Susan Spransy said...

Thank you so much for your comment! I love this piece. So marvelous!!