Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Break


We've been away for a few days enjoying a couple of games in Atlanta. My daughter has been on spring break and that's what she wanted to do. While at Turner Field, I snapped this shot of the folk-art style coke bottle that stands proudly. According to the website, http://roadsidegeorgia.com/site/coke_bottle.html, the bottle is made from
60 shoes, 2000 bottle caps, 48 batting helmets, 2000 Coca-Cola cans, 18 catchers mitts, 86 Fielders gloves, 290 bats, 6680 baseballs, 24 jerseys, 64 bases, 16 chest protectors, 24 pitching rubbers. Cool or what?

It's great to be home; I think we need another spring break to get over this one...

1 comment:

Michelle W said...

I do understand about needing a vacation to get over vaction.

Very interesting piece of art.

I must add that I do like your musc selections on your blog.