Thursday, April 24, 2008

Door Prize

I was asked to donate a door prize to a ladies' event on Saturday. No problem! It gave me a chance to use my new Bind-it-All that's been sitting in the box for about a month now. I first tried the Bind-it-All at a stamp club retreat and somehow didn't get the holes lined up and got an F on my first attempt! But today was a new day and I figured I'd whip out a journal in no time. It's now after 9:00 PM and I'm finished...and the book is too. I love the gadget but I'm gadget challenged so I've been moving slowly, afraid of messing up and having no door prize to give. I did discover that I need some coils that are smaller than 1" and that I need more practice. The next journal I make like this will have coil all the way from the top to the bottom to make it more stable. Live and learn. The idea for tying fabric strips came from my friend Alice. The stamps are by Artistic Outpost.

3 comments:

Michelle W said...

REally like the colors on the journal. You do such wonderful work.

Dianne Adams said...

Thanks Michelle. The colors of the journal are pretty true but the camera/lighting made the ribbon and fabric quite a bit darker than it really is. Thanks again!

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

beautiful work dianne.