Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Party Invitation


I received a packet of die cuts last week from Debbie of http://debbiesdiecuts.blogspot.com/ and finally had a chance to play with one of them today. The die cut was cut from white matte cardstock. Since I already had my alcohol inks out, I wondered what I could do with them and the die cut. I decided to spray the die cut down with clear matte enamel and experiment with that surface and the inks. I ended up spraying the surface two times and letting it dry completely. I did help the drying a bit with the heat tool. The alcohol inks went on well with the first effort being a bit pale in color. So I added a second layer of ink using a bright pink ink and silver Krylon pen just hitting it here and there for effect. The black dots around the scallop is black cardstock punched out and glued in place.
On the back I used a french curve to make the lines and a few more black cardstock dots. The "You're Invited" stamp is by neato stuff and the candles are from Claudia Rose.

1 comment:

Michelle W said...

Cleaver tip and another get use for those alcohol inks. The invite looks great.