Monday, April 28, 2008

Unmounted Solution



I appreciate the comments as well as the personal emails with advice for storing unmounteds. Here's what I've come up with and I think it's going to work for me. These containers are Walmart's Mainstays brand made for storing leftovers. They're a 3.25 cup capacity each and you get 12 for under $4.00. Each container holds anywhere from 1 cut sheet of rubber to 3 sheets depending on how big the sheets are. I took the index that came with the stamps and shrunk it waaay down so it would fit onto the lid. Each container is labeled on the front as well. Now they're cut, labeled, indexed and out on a table so I'll use them more. I'm still cutting sheets apart that I've had for a long time but just never got around to cutting them ...kind of ashamed to admit that but I bet some of you have done the same thing. It feels good to get this done!

4 comments:

~Da Grandma said...

Great idea, Dianne!

How do I just pick up your whole playlist thingie and put it on my blog? I LOVE IT!!!

shauna said...

This is a GREAT idea, Dianne! This sounds like a solution that would work for me! And, yes, you're right, I have full sheets of rubber I haven't cut out yet for not having a storage system in place and not wanting to just stick them somewhere to be lost! I am going to get these containers and get this done. I'm trying to get my art studio organized and this will help immensely! Thanks!
Shauna

Debbie said...

Ya know, from the first time we met at that rubber stamp convention...we knew we had lots in common...I do the same thing to store my unmounteds...Great Minds Think Alike...I just need more containers now...new stamps are on the way...hugs, Debbie in Georgia

bockel24 said...

This solution looks great - I have mine in drawers, in boxes, and in folders on plastic sheets, and it´s o. k. but not perfect ... But I love unmounted stamps! (And sometimes when you´re searching for a special one you´ll find another one that you´ve almost forgotten about, LOL.)