Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bag-A-Thon!

These are the last two bags I designed for Debbie this month. The diecuts are available to purchase at http://thestudioinpreston.blogspot.com/

For the bee bag, I used chalk inks to color the bag using shades of amber clay and yellow ochre. Bubble wrap was pressed into a Staz On ink pad and stamped onto the bag to create the background. The bag was assembled, beeswaxed and set aside. The bee stamp is made by Stamp Francisco and was colored with the same chalk inks and shaded with colored pencils before applying beeswax. The sentiment is by Darcie's and was stamped on a tag available from Debbie's as well. It was also chalked and waxed. The bee and the tag were attached to the bag using the wax.

The diamond bag was created using a stencil and chalk ink. The interior of the box was colored red using chalk ink also. The scroll diecuts were embossed using a Cuddlebug folder. The 'thinking of you' stamp is by Studio G Clear Stamps. The flowers and brads came from my stash. The entire thing was sprayed with glitter spray. I'm not sure that shows up at all but it added a nice touch. As I decorated this one, I imagined how it would be the perfect bag for a great piece of jewelry!

1 comment:

Michelle W said...

I like how the one with bee's wax turned out. Great bags. I still want to get a "gift" bag from you:D

Thanks for the comments on the blog. It is nice to know someone it looking at it.