Thursday, June 19, 2008

Candle Dress-Up

Where has this week gone? I had a bit of time to play today and this die cut kept getting my attention.
This is actually a page from Debbie's Die Cuts' scalloped book kit but I decided to try something different using it. I sat a small glass candle holder in the center and drew a circle around it . Using a ruler, I divided the diecut into sections as shown above. I cut on the straight lines up to the circle, leaving the circled area uncut.
After cutting the slits, I used a Cuddlebug folder to emboss a design. Using chalks and rub-ons, I colored the diecut in shades of green. Using a hole punch, holes were made around the scallop for running a ribbon through the edge.
A stylus was used to gently go over the circle to make shaping the diecut easier. The cut pieces were folded upward and the tabs were lapped over each other. The ribbon was woven through the holes and tied to complete. This was a pretty easy project and is an easy way to dress up an inexpensive candle holder.

3 comments:

Michelle W said...

Very neat ideal way to dress a candle. Everything needs to be dressed for the occasion. It always make the table look nicer.

Nancy said...

Great idea. Would be neat to personalize favors & tables for a wedding or shower. I love your embossing and chalk work. Chalks are just about my favorite to work with.

TiffanyJane said...

That is such a sweet way to dress up a candle! Great idea :)
Have a great week!
hugs~
Tiffany