Once I was satisfied with the amount of white peeking through, I began adding color using Distress inks (mustard seed, tea dye) and metallic rubons in various shades of gold, bronze and copper. Both accent diecuts were colored with the tea dye Distress ink and additional color was added with the rubons. The photo has a lot of yellow tones in it and I tried to tone it down just a bit by sponging a bit of tea dye onto it.
I began by painting the frame diecut with flat black acrylic paint. Once the frame was dry, I ran it through my Wizard using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. After allowing it to dry, I sanded the raised design very gently using fine sanding paper.
I computer generated "Happy Father's Day" and went over it with distress ink as well. The framed piece was mounted onto a copper color linen card. The diecuts took on a leathery appearance which is perfect for this card.