Friday, June 13, 2008

It's a Wrap...

Tuesday was our last day in Chicago before making the drive back home to Tennessee. Our goals for the day were to find Stamp On It (for me), eat at a restaurant recommended by a friend (for hubby) and to attend a Cubs and Braves game (for Clarissa). Two out of three's not bad.

I decided to do a little research on the internet about the parking situation at Wrigley Field and we became concerned with the info. There was a number to call to secure parking in a garage but the operator said she had nothing available. Armed with that new information, we left the room early in hopes of finding a good parking place. Parking turned out to be a non-issue. With a parking space secured, we set out to visit Stamp On It. From where we parked, it turned out to be around twelve blocks away. Clarissa and I had our first experience riding a city bus. I'm not sure but I think DH has ridden one before. Had it not been for the bodies surrounding ours, I just know we'd have gone through the windshield. The driver really should have been a pilot because he has the take-off and the landing down pat. It was so much better than walking though so it was a good thing!
















Stamp On It is a nice store and the owner was very friendly. His merchandise is up to date complete with Tim Holtz grungeboard which I hadn't actually seen yet but had been reading about. Sadly, the two stamp stores that were once here in Middle Tennessee are no longer around. I picked up the grungeboard along with a few other things that I can't remember at the moment.
After leaving the store, we realized that we would be eating at the ballpark. That was fine with me! I had pizza and didn't get insulted in the process. We got settled in our seats in plenty of time to watch the Braves warm up. They came out mightily in the first inning, scoring three runs but fizzled afterwards. We were surrounded by Cubs fans so Clarissa and I did our dainty clap when the Braves scored. Even though the Braves lost, we were happy to be there and enjoy the game.

This is the one shot of the three of us together during the entire trip. Yes, I'm the one in the middle and you can tell it's day eleven of the trip. Actually, I think I blinked right when the kind stranger took the shot.

Our trip home was a pretty uneventful ten hours. At one point, I did notice white feathers floating by regularly and the thought of embellishments went through my mind. But then I saw this truckload of chickens probably on their way to a processing plant and I was amazed and a bit sad at how they were packed in the cages and being transported.
You know the feeling....that first hint that you're getting close to home. We'll this was ours even though we were still probably two hours from actually arriving at our house. You know what they say...Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. Clarissa remarked that her favorite part of the trip was seeing the Tennessee sign. Had I known that, we could have saved a lot of money and just taken her to the state line and back! She was one happy camper to be home...

I came home to a very full envelope of goodies from Debbie's Die Cuts so I'll be working on some samples this week and hope to do some posting soon. Later...

1 comment:

Michelle W said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound. Arn't kids just great...you spend all the time to plan and the all the money to take them on vaction and they like coming home the best