Saturday, June 14, 2008

One for the Scrapbook

Here's a little framed picture from our vacation. The camera doesn't quite show the greens and teals the way they look in person. There's actually more green that blends with the grass in the photo than comes through in this shot.

I ran the white frame through the Wizard using a Fiskars criss-cross pattern mat. I then lightly highlighted the pattern using chalks. Next, I ran the frame through the Wizard again using a Cuddlebug embossing folder. This flattened out the criss-cross pattern leaving a subtle background. I then highlighted the second embossed pattern using chalks and rubons. The two additional diecuts were chalked also. The opening of the frame diecut is a tad over 2" square and is available at http://thestudioinpreston.blogspot.com/ as well as the other diecuts used.

I love the double-embossed technique that I'm sure someone else has already done but it was a total 'happy accident' for me!

3 comments:

Michelle W said...

I like your happy accident..will have to try it..sometimes those accidents are such fun

Sarah said...

Embossing twice...I never would have thought to do that...but I love the effect. Great work! And so good to catch up with you. :)

liannallama said...

oh, this looks fantastic! Great frame!