Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

The weatherman's prediction for rain was right on target. Today is cold, gloomy and wet. When you do the planning for a vacation in January, you never know how things are going to actually be when vacation time rolls around. Even with the yucky weather, we're happy to be here. The above view is from the back porch of the public library. The back porch is small but lined with white painted rocking chairs.
Bikes and carriages are pretty much at a standstill.
The library was a nice place to spend a bit of time in the dry. You can use their computers for a fee or bring your laptop, read magazines or books or check out their ongoing used book sale. I just enjoyed the atmosphere and quiet time. It is right on the water with two doors opening onto the porch I mentioned. It would have been easy to have curled up in a chair and napped...

I love door and window images and couldn't resist taking this shot of the library door. It is destined to show up in a piece of art.
The bright spot in the day so far is a new bead store. We spent a bit of time in there where Clarissa enjoyed stuffing a bag full of beads for $3. I selected a few beads and plan to make earrings out of them. I'm having a blast but have an overwhelming urge to visit my art room soon! It's been a week since I made anything and I'm beginning to need to put my hands to work. Does that happen to anybody else?







OK, we're almost dried out and ready to brave the elements again. We are staying on Main Street so it makes it easy and convenient to come and go especially with the weather conditions. More later...

2 comments:

Michelle W said...

Looks like my vitrial vaction is going well. I have a friend from that area and asked her about it last and said it was great vacation spot.

Dianne Adams said...

LOL! I'm glad you're enjoying!! It is a great spot. I was just chatting with a shopowner and he said the best time to come is September. The daytime temps. are warm and the crowds of summer are gone. Sounds good to me!