Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy


Today is my daddy's 71st birthday. I count myself fortunate to have him as my father and that I can still enjoy time with him.

Even though I added my blog as a favorite place on his computer, I doubt he'll ever see this. He'd rather spend his time 'piddling' at odd jobs around the house. Today he plans to strip wallpaper from some walls...doesn't that sound like fun? He is always busy and that's the way he's always been. He spent most of his working life with one company and built houses in the afternoons after his regular job. Even now, he works two days a week running a sales route.

Pictured is my late Aunt Jane along with my dad. Aunt Jane left Tennessee after getting married at the ripe old age of 14. I was able to visit her a few years ago and saw her beautiful quilt work. I definitely think my creative gene came from the Quillen side.

So whether you read this or not, Happy Birthday Daddy! God truly blessed me with a wonderful earthly father.

1 comment:

Michelle W said...

Your Dad sounds like my parents. My Mom retired last year and Dad semi retired(They own a Dental Lad and he is still running and only works a few days a week)but they stay busy with projects around the house and church always helping others too. If I was just has focus on the house stuff as them what Southern Living Home I would live in:D