Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ATC Book

If you were reading my blog during the early summer, you probably recall seeing lots of pictures from our Mackinac Island trip. I've used an atc book kit from Debbie's Die Cuts to create a little book using a few of those photos. Debbie's kits can be seen and purchased at http://thestudioinpreston.blogspot.com/
The pages are colored using Tim Holtz Distress inks, chalk inks and Brilliance inks. We had just arrived on the Mackinac City side and dh was tired from the driving so he was glad to just kick back. The water was super chilly but that didn't keep Clarissa out of the water.
The swirl is a piece of a diecut also sold by Debbie. I spray painted it with a textured paint that reminds me of sand. I love the view of the church on the island. We had been on a buggy tour that day and at the end of the tour we were dropped off and walked back down into town. This is the view from that drop off point.

It rained a good part of the time we were there and the bikes and buggies were at a sit still in this photo. Also on this rainy day, Clarissa is relaxing at the small public library on the island.

The pages are enclosed in clear page protectors. Now I'm longing to go back to Mackinac Island. I've sort of promised Clarissa that we'll go back in the fall of '09.

3 comments:

Michelle W said...

I love the ideal of an ATC size memory book of a trip. Yes you should be getting a commission from the island. I had never heard of it, but with your pictures and blog updates that has been add to my list of places to visit.

Linda said...

Ohhhhh.... I like this! This is my kind of scrapbooking.

~Da Grandma said...

LOVE your self portrait!