Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cuttlebug Play

Tomorrow is stamp club Sunday and it is my turn to do the project. I've decided to take my Wizard and Cuttlebug folders and dies and have an afternoon of making backgrounds and cutting out alphabets.

Here are some samples I did to inspire my friends. Although using duct tape was an original idea, I'm sure I'm not the first to try it.
The above pieces are on the original, gray duct tape. I put the tape on a piece of cardstock before running it through the Wizard in the CB folder. The sample on the left was lightly sanded and the rough areas were colored using distress inks. The excess was blotted. The piece on the right was also sanded and then colored using rub-ons.

These pieces were made using the bright silver or 'Chrome' duct tape. Each sample shows the top half sanded only. The bottom of the snowflake has blue Enamel acrylic rubbed into the surface allowing the paint to remain heavy around the images. The mosaic is colored using Adirondack ink in bottle color with the excess wiped away. The hearts were colored using red chalk ink. After the paints or ink had dried, I lightly sanded again allowing a bit more of the duct tape to show through.

So...what do you think?

It was a fun day!

5 comments:

Michelle W said...

Boy what a great ideal to use duct tape. I love the foil tape since we sell it I is all the time. You gave me am ideal to try some of the other tapes we sell.

Zeborah Loray said...

Gorgeous!
I need to dig out the metal tape and try playing with it again.

sandyh said...

these are great! i've used the silver hvac tape to emboss or diecut but never thought of plain, old duct tape! nothing plain about these samples though!
tfs, sandyh

christina d said...

I love the idea. I am going to work on an altered book, and that gives me some great ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!!

subriagirl said...

Again you out do yourself! Although I've used the metal tape, I've never used the duct tape......mmmmmm ideas flowing here!