Saturday, October 11, 2008

Box Project


I played around a bit more with copper sheet and decided to try using the antiquing product on matboard instead. These boxes are the same box. The shot on the top is the matboard antiqued and left as it was. The second shot is after spraying the matboard with a matte sealer. I wanted contrast between the smooth, shiny wood and the faux metal but I didn't really like the first look. After spraying the matboard, the finish is toned down and I think I like that the best. Opinions?

The matboard was put through the Wizard using a CB folder. I'm totally hooked on those CB folders.

4 comments:

Michelle Wilkerson said...

i like the box..so the antique finish is just on paper?

Dianne Adams said...

Yes, it is mat board. Glad you like!

subriagirl said...

Great looking box Dianne! Love the antique finish. Ronnie

Shelly Hickox said...

This is gorgeous! I like the one on the bottom best. I need to get some of that patina - can't believe how good it looks on plain paper!