Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall Leaves

Fall is in the air and I am loving it! This time of year has come to mean "Retreat Time" which is something I look forward to every year. I'm part of a fantastic group of ladies that meet each month to create. We'll soon begin our 10th year together and in this busy world we live in, that's a pretty long time for a group of artists to hang together. From the first year, we have put together our own annual retreats and boy, do we have some stories to tell! I can't even begin to express how much joy it has been to be a part of this group. We've settled into a great location that we're returning to soon. OK, can you tell I'm excited?

Each member or team presents a project for the retreat and I'm working on some ideas. Here's what I've been playing around with. The three larger leaves are Spellbinder dies and the smaller one is a punch. The metal leaves were treated with various combinations of antiquing solutions and then put through CB folders. I've not 'found' where this project is going yet but I had to share my leaves. They need more zing...and I'll continue to experiment. I think they're a good start to fall and will hopefully end up being a decent retreat project. Happy Fall Ya'll!

2 comments:

subriagirl said...

Dianne, you're on the right track. Can't wait to see what you end up with. Whatever it is, it'll be terrific! Ronnie

Michelle Wilkerson said...

I love the leaves..not matter what they end up on..they will look great