Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Betty Jane

I worked on this Christmas gift at retreat and look forward to sending it to my sister-in-law. I'm not sure it's quite finished yet but it is propped up so I can look at it often. Hopefully, if it needs something more, I'll figure out what that is before Christmas.

The photo was taken of my mother-in-law around the age of 18...(I can see Clarissa in her face). It is collaged onto a 5x7 board and of course I used the diamond background. Some of us wear diamonds and some of us paint them!

What did we do for texture before the cuttlebug folders? I guess the swirl folder is right up there with the diamond stencil. I'm crazy about them both.

I have at least a dozen gifts to make for Christmas plus several cards. The pressure is beginning to build!

2 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

This is beautiful Dianne!

Michelle Wilkerson said...

yes i do see your daughters features in her face..i think painting diamonds is better than wearing then:D great piece sure your sil will love it