Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Ornament

It's so nice to have some down time during this Thanksgiving weekend. I've got several projects in the works and wanted to share this one. The tin was lightly sanded, primed and painted with linen color acrylic. The image was added using gel medium. This one begged to be crackled so I used Anita's Fragile Crackle and rubbed a dark red acrylic into the cracks. Holes were punched in the sides of the tin and rusty wire from Rock Candy was used as a hanger. This is the sturdiest rusty wire I've ever used. It is twisted which gives a nice appearance but it also adds strength. The embellishments are also from Rock Candy and include red tinsel, silk ribbon and rusty jingle bells.

I picked this tree up at Goodwill and I believe it needs to be a different color. I'm not sure what will become of it yet, but I think it's pretty cool.

2 comments:

Michelle Murphy said...

great ornament..i can see a whole tree with your ornaments on it..keep us posted

Elizabeth Golden said...

ooh I love this! I really appreciate a good find and this is definitely one.