Sunday, December 7, 2008

Party Day!

Today is our annual Christmas party with TennGRITS, the stamp art club that I've been a member of since it formed in January 2000. Our plans are to meet at an Italian restaurant that I've never been to so I'm excited about that. We all bring handmade gifts and have a wonderful time exchanging them. The snowmen will be given by Clarissa and are inspired by the recent cover of Cloth Paper Scissors. The bottles are by Starbucks and the insides were sprayed with adhesive spray and 'snow' was shaken inside the bottle to give this look. A chandelier crystal hangs from the necklace along with beads and jingle bells. The nose is a paper bead painted orange and felt snowflakes are adhered to the bottle. The heads were created pretty much like the CPS article using white air-dry clay, glitter and assorted brads, beads, and wire.

My gift is an ornament similar to an earlier post. The tins are Eclipse mint boxes that have been sanded, primed and painted. Each one features an angel with a star in the background that has been glittered. Holly and berries are attached using red garland from RockCandyStudios. A selection of paper beads for a future project are inside each ornament. I've rolled so many beads this last couple of days that I could do it in my sleep! Let the party begin!

8 comments:

Ophelia said...

I just LOVE these!!
How awesome!
Ophelia

Roxi Phillips said...

Oh Dianne and Clarissa.... I want to be in your club! the ladies in your group will surely be delighted with these beautiful projects! I hope you have a fun celebration!

Elizabeth Golden said...

Whine...I want to come to your party. Your gifts are beautiful ladies. I wish I was in your group. How very nice! I am in a similar group here but we just go out to eat. No gifts. Maybe I should show them this and they would reconsider.

Shelly Hickox said...

These came out so darn adorable!!! Those Frap bottles worked just perfectly.

Pokey Bolton (editor of Cloth Paper Scissors) said...

I saw this post via a google alert on our latest issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. Can I post your finished images on our Quilting Arts/Cloth Paper Scissors blog, and link to your post? Please email me at pbolton@interweave.com. Thanks!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Lucky Friends, Your creations are fabulous!

jules said...

I AM VERY VERY LUCKY TO BE IN THE CLUB AND TO RECEIVE ONE OF EACH OF THESE GIFTS!!!! I have been inspired to create the snowman after two girl friends requested NO GIFT CARDS this year...so I told them, then expect something created. The first thing I thought of was a chance to make the snowman. After doing a quick search on the net for more inspiration, there are no comparisions to clarissa and diannes snowman.

Michelle Murphy said...

great ornaments..i need to be i your club:D