Saturday, January 17, 2009

This and That

What began as an effort to sort through scrap papers, ended in this card. My cleaning is at a snail's pace. The shelving I ordered last weekend should have arrived earlier this week but didn't. So as I wait on that, I sort and throw away and sort a bit more. It's probably best that the shelving didn't arrive; I found out this week that I have mono and should rest. So I'll give resting a try although I really don't feel that bad.

I can't remember who makes this image (would love for someone to remind me) but it is a favorite. The trim is from Rock Candy and began as white. I used acrylic paint in a coral shade called passion punch as well as brown acrylic to color the trim and then scuffed it up a bit with fine sandpaper. A piece of scrap paper was sewn onto brown cardstock and the paint was stenciled and scraped on the card. The image was stamped with StazOn in saddle brown and the dress was colored with watered-down acrylic paint.

Hope everyone is staying warm. Some of the schools in our area closed due to the temperatures yesterday and that doesn't happen often. Later...

No comments: