Sunday, January 4, 2009

Two Steps Forward!

Progress, even a little at a time, is very encouraging. I have to share yesterday's efforts! First of all I cleaned out what would become the fabric cabinet and put everything in either a new home or a new pile. Take a look at yesterday's post to see the before of the cabinet. Here's how it looks this morning:

My second goal from yesterday was to hang track shelving in the furnace room. Here's the before and after shots of that project.
Before (Yikes!):

After:So...that's about it for yesterday. Today is church and stamp club so there isn't any time for organizing. I'll be back at it in a day or two with another goal. Later...

4 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Dianne, this is the same thing I have been doing in my wet studio/basement area, which is not as large as yours! Same shelving too! I have the before pics on my blog; still have to shoot the afters since I got curtains hung over the shelving area to give the room a less cluttered look.
Isn't it great to have the *stuff* contained???
Go Girl!

Michelle Murphy said...

wow that look great..you are making such progress..

jaimie sander said...

Oh my goodness,I have the same problems getting started in my craft room.I always feel so overwhelmed when I want to start organizing.You seem to be doing very well ! I would love to know what the drawers and jars hold,and how you decide what goes where.I've been purchasing those 12 x 12 stackable drawers when they are on sale,but can't quite seem to get my stuff organized sensibly.Anyway,I wish you continued success,and I will be checking back to see how it progresses.

Dianne Adams said...

Jamie, The small and large drawers hold rubberstamps. The jars hold beads, buttons and that sort of thing. I'm not sure things are going to stay in the same area I'm putting them right now. I see that having zones: tools, paper, ink, stamps, fabric, etc. will work best for me. After I get all the shelves in place, I'll be better able to put everything where it will hopefully remain. Thanks for your comment!!