Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Postcard Art - Circles

This week's challenge at Sunday Postcard Art is circles. I immediately thought of this stamp which has one of my favorite sayings on it. The image (Rubbermoon) was stamped and masked. I stippled the rest of the card using two shades of red chalk ink. A small circle stencil was used to add background interest with small red and black circles. A scrap of handmade paper was glued on plus a circle splatter stamp by Stampin' Up was used. The mask was removed and the image was pounced with Pearlescent Beige by Brilliance and the jackets and circles were colored with a Prismcolor pencil. The piece was then layered onto a 6"X4" card. Click on the sidebar to see other interpretations of the circle theme.

8 comments:

Moira said...

Lovely card, so much detail, it is great

KardKrazy said...

Great postcard....love what's in the circle!

herminesplace said...

Great postcard, love the quote

Silvia said...

Great interpretation.

splummer said...

Hi!
Beautiful Circles!! I like red, it's my favorite color. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great evening!

Sherrie

Mary said...

What a wonderful card! Love the sentiment expressed here.

joanne wardle said...

what a fabulous quote, I love your postcard

Sally said...

Love that saying! Great colour choice.