Monday, April 20, 2009

Painted Fabric

It seems like forever since I've posted to my blog but I'm still here. My camera and my computer have stopped communicating so I'm having to post on a different computer...OH well! I spent yesterday playing with muslin and paints and just destressing. Traci Bautista I'm not, but I have to say that her work has inspired me. My stuff looks nothing like hers but the freedom of painting without rules is wonderful no matter the end result. This piece of fabric will be turned into something and I'll share that soon. Later...

3 comments:

Michelle Murphy said...

Love the painted fabric..as i sit in a hotel room waiting for Steph to wake up thought i would look at soon blogs..btw i am so embrassed that i have not emailed you a THANK YOU for the awsome little packing got it on saturday.

Dianne Q Adams said...

Thanks and no need to be embarassed! It took me long enough to get it to you...! Hope you're having a good time. I had to chuckle about "as I sit in a hotel room waiting for Step to wake up". Been there so many times!

Sharon said...

I love painting without rules. So fun! And I love the diamond/Harlequin pattern. It looks wonderful in the pinks on your fabric. Anxious to see what you use it for. :)

Have fun at the art retreat I forgot when it is). You're right, this area of the country definitely needs some new art tecniques. I would like to learn some wire techniques. Wish I had the nerve to go. :)