Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunflower Coaster

I began the new year with a plan to clean up my art space. Some things take longer than expected and this is one of them. While cleaning this week, I found an unfinished coaster and couldn't resist working on it. The image had been stamped with Black Staz-On ink and I decided to finish it by using chalks. I built up layers of chalk by first laying down a layer of color and then spraying it with sealer. After allowing it to dry, I added another layer of color. After doing this four times, I put a final spray of sealer on and then used Krylon's matte spray to make it a usable coaster. The sunflower image definitely put me in the mood for warmer weather! Later...

2 comments:

Michelle Murphy said...

well looks like you are going to have to wait a few days on the warmer weather..love the coaster

Christine said...

Wow, you are so talented!!!