Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day -Thanks For Showing Up!

Today's challenge at Sunday Postcard Art is "Fathers". For my entry I used a photo of my dad and my daughter after Grandparent's Day at her school. I know that this event is not my dad's favorite thing...the seats aren't very comfortable, the program is long...but he still shows up and makes his granddaughter feel special because she has someone there. Thanks daddy for showing up for her just like you've always shown up for me. Happy Father's Day.

15 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic.
Brilliant background. Love them.

Yvonne said...

Superb card! So precious.

Willy said...

Wonderful card and great photo, Dianne!

Bettie said...

Ít's a lovely card and your daughter must be a lucky girl!

Annes Art said...

Beautiful postcard!!

Anne said...

Wonderful postcard and picture of your father and daughter!

Lori Saul said...

Lovely postcard- always wonderful to use family photos- beautifully done!

Buffy said...

Gorgeous postcard,and gorgeous background.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is such a wonderful Father's Day tribute to your father...Beautiful card..your daughter looks so much like you from your photo. I enjoyed seeing your photo of the newborn birds waiting to be fed..fabulous photo! Thank you for the comment at my blog this morning, it enabled me to find you and your blog. I have joined your followers list as it is so much easier to return. I extend an invitation to you to join mine as well. Enjoy your day. Hugs, Gayle.

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Beautiful postcard, full of meaning and Love!
~*~ Patty

yasmindeboo said...

A lovely postcard that is so special.

Diana Evans said...

this is beautiful!!! great work....

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Lovely Postcard ~ Wonderful Dad and Grandfather! Blessings, Katie

Donna said...

Beautiful postcard.
Wish I'd have known my grandfathers better, they both died whaen I was very young.

Martina2801 said...

Wonderful artwork, Dianne.