Monday, June 22, 2009

"My Father" for Rock Candy Studios

With Father's Day in mind, I created this piece for Rock Candy Studios. I covered the base with scrapbooking paper and then added paint using an old credit card. The photo is from RC's Manly Man (image #15) image CD. The border trim was made using several of Rock Candy's products: aluminum metal roll, and design border (love this and they come in sets of 3) and the texture tool. Once the border design was finished, I sprayed flat black paint onto the aluminum and allowed it to dry. Metallic Rub-ons were applied to allow the design to pop. Rock Candy's leaf and flower border in antique gold was used on each side of the design border. Rock Candy also has a gallery for ideas using their products.

2 comments:

kathy mc said...

This is nice Dianne. Very striking.

Sharon said...

Hi Dianne,
I love this piece and the quote is one of my favorites.

Thanks for following my blog, nice to meet you!