Monday, June 15, 2009

Sampler

Sampler Size: 8X10

Closeups
At our last TennGRITS club meeting, we worked on inchies. I made mine a bit bigger at 2" and decided to use them in a sampler. The base was previously a piece of art that I sanded down (bought on clearance for $2.72). I painted it using brown gesso and teal blue latex wall paint. Some texture is visible and that was achieved by pulling some of the paint with a paper towel. Bubble wrap and mesh were also used to add pattern to the base. I first painted the 2" squares with latex paint and then collaged various papers. Once dry, I sanded them down a bit and stamped directly onto the squares using Staz-On ink. The squares have a glossy finish while the background is matte. I like the contrast of the two finishes. I used too many stamps to give proper credit but I'm sure some are very recognizable. Later...

5 comments:

Risa said...

I really like this! Awesome idea, and great work!

Chrissy D said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Dianne!

Michelle Murphy said...

love the piece..i love brown and blue together.

Shelly Hickox said...

This is incredible! I am always so stumped by inchies, etc. You've done a fabulous job with these!

daisy said...

Simply gorgeous!