Saturday, September 19, 2009

Round The Block - Round 1

These are the first blocks I received from Yahoo group inthishouseandgarden's round robin swap.  The swap, rightfully named 'round the block', has turned out to be so much more fun than I imagined.  Each participant sent out wooden blocks no larger than 4" in height or width and the other members choose a side to do art on.  The first set of blocks I received were from Sarah Fishburn and I think they were 2" cubes...a great size to work with.  Check out Sarah's site at sarahfishburn.com.



Following Sarah's lead, I decided to stick with women as my focus and this is what I came up with.  The second set of blocks arrived this week and I'll be sharing those soon.  Later...

1 comment:

Martha said...

Well your work shows the fun you had doing these blocks, Dianne. I love the power one. Did you print your own images? It would be nice to have pics of all the sides of the blocks when they are finished. Perhaps someone will do a cut and paste of a block. I have been looking at each posted block but I can't keep track of who's done what. I am having fun looking at them. Thanks for sharing.