Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Birthday Trip - Part 1

I'm finally getting around to sharing a few photos from my trip.  Susan, my best friend since high school, and I flew out of Nashville and ended up in Albany, NY by the end of the first day.  By evening, we were happy to settle in Pawtucket for the night.
We had a situation with our rental car and were committed to being in downtown Providence, RI the next afternoon so we decided to head toward the water and just enjoy the views until then. 

A view from the window....


I have to admit I didn't know much about cranberry bogs.  My knowledge of cranberries had only involved a can of cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving so this was also educational!  We met a very interesting and friendly gentleman at this stop who explained the process for harvesting cranberries. 


This is another view of the cranberry bog. 


I have no idea what this is...anyone?  These are pods that were growing near the cranberry bog and I had to get a picture. 


This was a great stop.  I think this was called Buzzard Bay but my memory is not the greatest.  Whatever it was called, it was beautiful and relaxing.  I can only imagine how it must be to enjoy it in the summer.


Another shot at the bay.


And what stop isn't complete without this photo! 


At the end of our second day, we've seen a few sights, manuvered through construction to get to downtown Providence R.I. (which made my GPS "Bertha" go insane), worked out the kinks in our rental car deal and we're well on our way toward Kennebunkport, Maine.  This photo is a view from the car of a suspension bridge we went over...couldn't resist the shot.
This first day flew by and there was so much more that we had wanted to do but isn't that the way it always goes.  Later...

No comments: