Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Main Street Block Swap




Over at 'In This House And Garden', a new swap is gearing up.  This is the first block I've worked on for the Main Street Block Swap.  I think it  needs some embellishments but I'm going to let it sit for a few days while I try to figure it out.



One of the sides with a quote by Thomas Jefferson...



The back of the block with a tree for a touch of scenery while trying to stick to my bank building theme.  There's still time for signing up!  Later...

11 comments:

sf said...

Love the side that reminds us, "Money doesn't grow on trees"! True, and yet funny...

Joyce said...

Love your first block. I have a million ideas for these but haven't sorted them out enough to start yet. Now that the number has been reduced to five it seems a lot more manageable.

Artifice said...

Love your bank block! So creative! I need to get myself together and do this swap. Happy New Year!

Linda Greiss

Deborah said...

Love it! The quotes are perfect. Trying to build my courage up to join the swap; it would be my first.
Thanks for being such an inspiration.

Linda said...

Oh I love this! I should sign up... but I have no blocks... I don't want to commit before I have blocks.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Love your block Dianne. Your work is always so beautiful. So glad you had a good Christmas. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Dayna Collins said...

Great bank block! I've signed up for this swap, too, so very fun to see your interpretation of a bank!

susi said...

Wasn't sure how to start and now I do - love your bank! Great inspiration!

Shona Cole said...

Great piece, I love art on block. I like your color scheme very much too.

I have added you to the collage directory! Thanks for being a part of the new venture :) I will be back to visit again.

Shona Cole

Margaret said...

Happy New Year Dianne! I love this block! such cool colours and great use of text,totally inspired! M

christy grant said...

I think it looks great!