Sunday, April 4, 2010

More Block Art

The great thing about a swap is that you get a chance to do something you might not otherwise try.  When I did a couple of block swaps with the In This House and Garden group, I had alot of blocks cut so I'd have some left over.  I suspected I'd want to do more blocks since I usually get obsessed with every new thing I try.  I began with a piece of SB paper and tore it to size.  Irregular machine stitching was added before the paper was attached to the block using gel medium.  The image is from Rock Candy Studios' Sisterhood/Brotherhood image CD and the sentiment is a magazine clipping.
 
I used the same background paper and techniques on the back of the block.  The flower stamp is from Oxford Impressions' Fairy Sweets unmounted rubber sheet and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up.
This is a second block using the same techniques.  I really like the 3 1/2" size of this one.  The woman is from Dover Publications and the words are a magazine clipping.
And finally, the back of the 3 1/2" block.  These are going out to a couple of friends this week and I hope they're surprised!

3 comments:

Ragamuffin Gal said...

These are FaBuLouS!!! Did you stitched them first and then mount them on the blocks? I hope you had a fabulous Easter and are having a happy Spring!

(We'll see what happens with the cuff ~ I am still working on it.)

Jingle said...

These are so amazingly wonderful! I love them!!!

LDH said...

Good morning, Dianne, What a lovely blog you have here! I have perused many of your posts and really enjoyed the talent and creativity in all of your work!

I thought the stool with the seasons theme turned out so nicely!

It was great to stop by and get to know you a bit!

Kindly, ldh