Sunday, August 29, 2010

Square Tag Trio

I really like these 5 1/2" manilla tags that I found in my tag stash. I chose fresco cream, aquamarine and crimson from Golden's glaze collection to color the top half of each tag. Love those glazes!

The top half of each tag was put through the Wizard using embossing plates.  The embossed images were then highlighted using metallic rub-ons.  I love the sheen that the rub-ons give the embossed patterns.  I used a zig-zag machine stitch for the edges and to attach decorative trim to the tag.  Images are all from Altered  Pages.

Embellishments of buttons, flowers and poetry beads complete the tags.  Beautiful fibers were added to the holes in the tags. 

Happy Sunday morning all!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Design Team!

I'm happy to have joined the design team for Altered Pages.  I love their collage sheets and look forward to working with their images.  Excited!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Book of Chocolate

Just want to share a book I made using images from Altered Pages.

The cover features an image from collage sheet #426 “More Chocolate Please” (copied onto muslin using a laser printer)
For the pages, I used design sheets #178 and #426.

The edges are finished with a blanket stitch.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Christmas Stars

It's hot but not too early to work on Christmas decorations.  I traced a star pattern onto a sheet of computer paper and cut two stars, one for the front and one for the back. Gesso was applied to all surfaces and allowed to dry. The star was painted with a watered-down coat of Plaid’s metallic  acrylic paint in either rose, peridot or bright red.  An image from Altered Pages' Christmas Cherubs collage sheet was centered onto the front of each star. Decorative papers were added to four of the star’s points. Once dry,  Christmas images were stamped onto the star and buttons were added. The back of the star was decorated with stamps. A piece of thin batting was cut to size and placed between the front and back of the star. The sandwich was secured with a clip to prevent sliding while being sewn. The edges were sewn using either thread (rose star) or embroidery floss (red and green stars).  The  holes were made by using an unthreaded sewing machine.  Acrylic paint on the edges, a hanger made of thread and an embellishment completed the pieces.