Monday, March 28, 2011

Hearts for Christchurch


I'd like to share the felt hearts that I've made to send to Christchurch.  For more information about the Christchurch project, go to their blog here.


Each heart was cut from felted sweaters that I purchased at Goodwill.  The felting process is quite easy.  Here's a great tutorial on felting wool from sweaters.


The flower embellishments were cut using the Sizzix and handstitched into place.


Each heart was closed using a blanket stitch after a light stuffing of fiberfill.

I have to share this shot of Mac who had to get into the act.  I have a black fabric set up above and over a printer and this is the space where I photograph most of my blog art.  I had already finished shooting and looked over to see 6 month old Mac lounging on the printer.  I think he's beautiful and he sure is lots of company in my art room.  Later...