Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thirty Days Of Posts - Day Ten

Today's been a 'day' if you know what I mean.  The weather has been nasty with tornado watches and warnings in all directions.
Have you ever heard the expression, "You can't get there from here"?  Well, that's where I found myself while trying to get home from work.  Unwilling to cross high waters 'at my own risk', I turned around about thirty minutes from home and made a circle that turned the trip home into an almost two hour haul.  I took a few cell phone shots along the way.  They're not great pictures but you'll get the idea.



I've got to go back and see what the Jesus sign says....

After having to turn around and go in a different direction, I shot this one:


Besides the weather, we are on "Graduation Countdown".  I don't know how many school days are between now and then but I'm sure Clarissa could tell me.  Along with the physical weariness of too much to do, I'm beginning to realize that this is real.  The baby is graduating from high school.  Does anyone ever think this is really going to happen?    Bittersweet is the only word I can find at the moment. 

So...is anyone reading the Thirty Days Of Posts I wonder...?   I hope to get something art related posted soon.  Later...

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Love the Jesus photo. You definitely need to go back and shoot it again. You have really been getting some rough weather lately. Is this unusual? Seems a bit intense. Stay safe.

christina d said...

I read all of your posts but this one really got me. We've had the same weather in SE Okla and I'll sure be glad when it quits too. Can't wait to see what the sign says.

libbyquilter said...

the photo's certainly tell the story here~!~
i hope that you remain safe during this time of severe weather.

:-)
libbyQ