Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thirty Days of Posts - Day Thirteen


What a fun day!  Today was spent with some wonderful women at my friend Allison's studio.  Our mission for the day was to try our hand at several different flowers and embellishments.  Some were fabric and others were paper and all were pretty cool. 

Joyce, Allison, Alice and daughter Clarissa
Alice was in charge today with plenty of projects to share.  She recently started a blog so be sure and check it out from time to time to see what she's up to. 
Tonight I'll share two or three pictures from today and the rest in another post.  

Joyce's Paper Flower

Both of these paper flowers were created by Joyce.  I love the way the mixing of coordinating papers work with the bottom flower.  It was a happy accident.


My favorite project of the day was this twisted fabric flower.  I made this one out of muslin with a sprinkling of beads and a touch of tulle.  It doesn't quite look the way I want it to so it's still a work in progress.

Allison's beautiful Keko fell in love with the die cutter bag.  I couldn't resist getting his picture.  Doesn't he look perfectly content. 


I feel so blessed to have friends that like to spend a Saturday doing the same things I love.  If you have a group of art buddies, then you totally understand.  Thanks Allison for opening up your studio.  Thank you Alice for all the time you put into the project instructions and samples.  Thank you sweet Joyce for just being you and sharing your time with us.  And of course, thank you Clarissa for getting up early and spending the day with me.  Later...

No comments: