Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thirty Days of Posts - Day Three

My day began early thanks to storms that roared through middle Tennessee at about 4:00 a.m.  The rumble of thunder is starting up again as I type but I'm really hoping the storms pass us by this time.  I love Tennessee but if I could change a couple of things I'd get rid of the tornadoes and the humidity would vanish.  How's that for dreaming!   
Tonight I want to share something I did for a swap called "Meet the Artist".  Each artist trading card is 3"x5" and is made of heavy cardstock or chipboard.  The head and face is an image of the actual artist but the body must be created or in my case, borrowed.  My body is courtesy of Altered Pages' Beauty in Blue image sheet.


I seem to have lost part of my neck in the process but I gained a pair of wings!  The wings are diecuts and were embossed using a diamond embossing folder.  I created the background using graphics in my photo editor and a few circles of white acrylic paint were stamped on before attaching the figure.  Other touches are the zigzag stitch along the edge of the card as well as some doodles using a white gel pen.  The white gel pen was another requirement in the swap.  Check out Yahoo group "In This House and Garden" if this sounds like something you'd enjoy.  The swap is closed but there will be others!  Later...

1 comment: