Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thirty Days of Posts - Day Two

In my day to day life, I really don't like change.  But it seems that I'm constantly looking for new and better ways to do things in my art room.  It dawned on me the other day that I might actually use more of my 'stuff' if I could see it.  When supplies (or just about anything) are behind a closed door, I'm prone to forget that I even have them.  When we moved to our home several years ago, we brought a set of cabinets with us and installed them in my room.  It never occurred to me to leave the doors off.  But now fourteen years later, I've removed the doors.  I've been working in one section at a time and I'm organizing by type: wood, paper mache, and metal.  The next area will include glass, books and hopefully a display area.  For today here's the before and after (so far) of the first section of cabinets.

Before with closed doors
 
This is what hid behind those closed doors (with head hung...what a mess!)
                                                                        
After - and as always...still a work in progress!
If you've read this far...thank you!  Does anyone have ideas on how to store metal embellishments.  Please share.  Later...

No comments: