Thursday, June 30, 2011

Final Gingersnap Creations Challenge and Shopping

The Altered Pages design team participated in the challenges this month at Gingersnap Creations and it's been fun.  The final challenge was "3 words, 3 papers, and 3 buttons".  Here's what I submitted:

Before
After submitting, I decided the piece didn't look quite finished so I added a half circle to the rosette and a touch of distress ink...a bit of an improvement.  The image is from Altered Pages' #1855D Beauty in Blue Collage Sheet.

After
The base is a 1.5" thick wood block painted ivory and sanded a bit to give an aged look. 

Tennessee is hot, hot, hot but Clarissa and I braved the heat and went to Nashville one day this week and did a little exploring.  Our favorite shop by far was Pangaea.  I picked up this little cabinet for my art room. It's all metal and the drawers are just a little larger than a spice tin.  I have no clue what I'm putting in it but I had to have it.  

 Hope everyone is having a great week...Later!

1 comment:

Jingle said...

Absolutely beautiful piece! And that cabinet is just incredible! Great find!