Saturday, October 8, 2011

Calendar Swap 2012


The new year will be here before you know it!  I know...we haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving or Christmas yet but it's the perfect time for a 2012 calendar swap.  These are four of my favorites.  All pages are acrylic painted cardstock.  The calendars are found here: www.calendarlabs.com


I slathered at least three different shades of paint on to each calendar page.  An old credit card is my tool of choice.


Embossing folders added texture.  I rubbed more acrylic paint over the pattern to make the design pop. 

The calendar is displayed in a CD cover and I discovered that the embossing added just enough bulk that the fit was a bit tight.  I pressed the calendar under several heavy books and now it fits better.


December features a collage image from Altered Pages.   A hand-drawn border adds additional detail to the image.   Fun swap!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Very cool! A calendar swap sounds fun!

Aimeslee said...

Good for you, Diane, now is the time. This is great inspiration for me to keep working on mine, thanks. xoxo