Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Art Retreat 2011


I've been in a great art group for many years and this past weekend was our annual retreat.  Our destination was a cabin five hours away in the mountains of East Tennessee. 


Here's a shot of our spacious workroom.  A huge porch is just beyond the windows and the colors of fall were still brilliant.


One of our mixed media projects was metal collage and I decided to do a holiday piece.  I hope it looks like a poinsettia because that was what I was shooting for.  The idea came from a small calendar page.  The board is 18" square and should be a good piece to go on my mantel.   I'm still trying to figure out if it's finished!  What about that empty space; should I leave it alone or add something?

  Here's a few closeups:
 


It's back to reality now as I'm trying to unpack and get my room back in order.  The wait for the next annual fall retreat has begun.  


3 comments:

Aimeslee said...

Gorgeous, Dianne. Glad you had a great time. xoxo

Margaret said...

What a beautiful place to create in! I love your metal piece, the colours and details are fab! Mx

kathy mc said...

What fun! I bet it was beautiful in the mountains this time of year.