Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Banner: Noel


My glitter addiction continues with this beautiful "Noel" Christmas banner.  The letters and rosettes are accented with black glitter.  I think the black really makes the rosettes pop.  Does anyone remember the Wordsworth company; are they still around?  The letters are stenciled on using a Wordsworth stencil.  I always loved the look of the Wordsworth line of stamps and stencils and they had some great original papers too. 

I've been working on Christmas gifts today for my art club friends.  Our Christmas party is next Sunday afternoon so hopefully I'll share that project here next Sunday night.  It looks like a good week for indoor work since we have a chance of snow flurries in Tennessee on Tuesday...hard to believe! 

That's it for tonight.  Have a good week everyone!

  

2 comments:

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!

Aimeslee said...

So lovely! Are those gold buttons? I agree, the black glitter defines and makes it pop. I always have liked Wordsworth too, always wondered if a calligrapher owned it?