Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Vintage-Style Glitterhouse


I decided to make glitterhouse churches for my art club's Christmas present this year.  While cruising around the internet, I found my original inspiration here.

Inspired by that beautiful photo, I started looking around the internet and discovered a world of 'glitterhouses' and 'putz' houses...all new to me.  

There are some free templates here as well as a ton of information about glitterhouses and/or putz houses at Little Glitter Houses.  Another interesting link is Big Indoor Trains.  There's also some history about the putz house at http://www.papatedsplace.com/categories.html.

I couldn't find a church pattern that suited the look I wanted so my husband drew the plans for this one.  I tweaked it further and came up with something I'm really pleased with.   I'm in love with glitterhouses now and can't wait to add to my collection of one!

These went to my art club friends.

7 comments:

kathy mc said...

Wow, lucky friends. These are gorgeous!

Margaret said...

I love your glitterhouse, gorgeous! wonderful link thank you! Mx

Joanne Huffman said...

Fantastic gift! These are beautiful.

Joyce said...

Beyond beautiful.

Aimeslee said...

omg, what ahuge operation! i'm impressed! you and hubby have worked hard. beyond beyond beautiful, dianne. xoxo

Tolegranny said...

Oh I love, love your churches.

DeeJae (Deb) said...

Hi Dianne,

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting, it made my day!

I love your vintage glitterhouses, they are beautiful. Something on my "to do" list.

May you have a WONDER-filled Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Blessings!