It seems that everyone is altering train cases these days. I met with a group of art friends this past weekend and brought along this great vintage train case that I purchased on eBay.
I had a great time using acrylic paint with stencils and decorative paper. StazOn black worked great for stamping a Magenta image onto the metal.
I made a fabric cover for the handle using a tutorial found at Little Birdie Secrets. It's a super simple and quick way to coordinate your handle and add a little something extra. Be sure and adjust the measurements for your particular handle. I then added a felt flower in taupe.
The completed case was finished with a taupe glaze and several coats of water-based polyurethane. This is a fun and functional piece!