Friday, March 2, 2012

Caboodle Sewing Case

I like the idea of organization.  Unfortunately, it seems I spend more time trying to be organized than actually being organized.  Having an amble inventory of supplies to create with is a blessing.  There is a flip-side to that blessing:  I can no longer lay my hands on some supplies without searching...and searching.  Valuable creating time is being wasted and something has to change.

Do I give something up?  Paper, fabric, metal, wood, paint, beads...what?  What can I do without?  My mind is too full from being frustrated with this workspace and I'm paralyzed with indecision. 

What's a girl to do?  This week I took time out and visited Goodwill a few times.  Here's one of my finds for the week.


I've always had a thing for Caboodles.  I can't remember how old I was when I bought my first one but I'm sure I was a teenager.  I used that first one for its intended purpose of storing makeup.  After I had moved on to a more mature makeup bag, I couldn't let that first Caboodle go and it now holds bookbinding supplies.


These photos are of a Caboodle I picked up this week for $2.99.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the price.  I thought I was dreaming when I saw the condition of this jewel.  It could pass for brand new.   I traded in the metal lunch box that I was using for a sewing kit and now sport a portable sewing kit in my newest Caboodle.


 Check out how perfectly these Sulky spools fit into the slots.  Perfect or what?


Here's a shot of the supply tin I've posted on my blog before.  This organizer is so roomy and perfect for the job.  After all, it's a Caboodle! 

My organization 'problem' is not fixed but I feel better! 

2 comments:

Jean M said...

What a fabulous find! I too like it, I need ten of them!!!

Jean M

Aimeslee said...

Oh, Caboodle! I have 2 of them that I hid away when my DD got tired of them. I'm too old to have been able to have one as a teen (you lucky young 'un), but I lovelovelove them! Do they still make them? If they don't it is a crime as big as not making coluzzles anymore! Coluzzles and Caboodles -- that's how I roll, HAHAHAHA! xoxo