Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thrift Store!

I'm a bargain hunter and I'm proud.  I love the hunt.  There's just something fun and exciting and wonderful about the thrift store experience.  You know what I'm talking about, don't you?  This has been a very good week and last week wasn't bad either!  Here's the cute red all leather Bass purse I found recently for $6.00.

 
I always look for crossbody bags on my searches.  A couple of years ago, I was approached in a department store by an odd woman. Since pajamas have become pretty standard shopping apparel, I didn't think too much about the UT orange pajama bottoms but her over friendly chattiness about school supplies seemed a bit much at 9:00 in the morning.  I was barely awake but still alert enough to be on guard so I stayed between her and my buggy. A few minutes after she moved on,  a commotion erupted when she snatched another customer's purse.  Luckily she picked the wrong woman and was tackled before making her getaway.   From that day forward, I started wearing this style bag for a little extra assurance.    Well, that was a rabbit trail but it explains my obsession with crossbody bags.

I saw a segment on Today this morning and it featured a woman that hasn't bought anything new for five years.  Five years.  Her exceptions to that is of course food along with socks and underwear (and those are great exceptions).  She started out thrifting for one month but never stopped. 

My current search list includes a large table that I'll use in my art room.  I'd love a big ol' farmhouse type...chairs optional.  What's on your list? 

No comments: